Become a Dancer
We encourage every student at the University of Kentucky to participate in our dance marathon, as well as other general DanceBlue events and fundraisers. Our favorite way for students to get involved is to become a dancer, but students can also fundraise or volunteer!
When you decide to become a dancer, you embark on a journey that will change your life forever. Our dancers fundraise all year long to compete for a spot at the marathon! Our marathon includes testimonies and stories from our families in the clinic, delicious food from local vendors, check presentation, and an hourly line dance!
To be a dancer, you need to be on a team! Many university organizations, dorms, and colleges already have existing teams that you can join if you are a member. Look through the list of teams below and contact the Team Captain to let them know you’re interested! There are a limited number of spots that are determined by aspects like fundraising and participation, so start your fundraising and get involved TODAY!
Fundraising for DanceBlue can sometimes seem challenging and intimidating. Below you can find some information that will help you and your team when raising money throughout the year. We encourage you and your team to be creative, but remember to follow the fundraising policies, and to complete the fundraising submission form for each fundraiser your team puts on. Lastly and most importantly, always remember why you are doing it – FTK – For The Kids!
Team Restaurant Night Proposal
Trying to setup a restaurant night? Take this letter with you to help you set up the details.View
How to track your team's donations and more!View
Team Fundraising Policies
Be sure your team follows each of these policies when putting on your fundraiser event.View
Struggling to find ways to fundraise? Here is a list of the most popular fundraising methods that may help find the right one for you!View
Fundraiser Submission Form
If your team is planning a fundraiser, you must fill out this form.View
Team captains are the representative of his/her team. Team captains are responsible for passing all DanceBlue information along to their team members, tracking each of their team members’ donations through SWEB, as well as attending bi-weekly meetings in the Fall and weekly meetings in the Spring.
Follow us on social media to stay in the loop about volunteer registration information. Email Emma Bateman at [email protected] with any questions, comments or concerns! FTK!
Kroger Community Rewards
Thanks to Kroger’s commitment to the kids, DanceBlue is a part of their Community Rewards Program! Each time you shop at Kroger, a portion of what you spend will directly benefit DanceBlue.
If you do not have a Kroger Plus card, they are available at the customer service desk at any Kroger. Follow the steps below to enroll in this program! We appreciate your support FTK!
- Head to Kroger Community Rewards!
- Click on Sign In/Register.
- If you are a new online customer, click on, “Sign Up Today” in the “New Customer” box.
- Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering your zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address, creating a password, and agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
- Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
- Update or confirm your information.
- Enter DanceBlue’s NPO number, which is 52649.
- Select “University of KY DanceBlue” from the list and click on confirm.
- To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see “University of KY DanceBlue” on the right side of your information page.
Your purchases will not benefit DanceBlue until after you register your card. If you are having issues getting your Kroger Plus card number, call 800-576-4377 and select option 4 to retrieve your card’s number. You must swipe your card or use the phone number that is related to your registered Kroger Plus card when shopping for each purchase to count. Thank you for supporting DanceBlue through shopping at Kroger!