DANCEBLUE Restaurant Nights
What is a Restaurant Night?
This is an event held at a participating restaurant that will donate a certain percentage of food (not alcohol) sales to DanceBlue for that night. The percentage is decided by the restaurant and varies on an individual basis. Don't hesitate to make an offer on the percentage you would like to see (please note, amount donated is usually 10‐20%).
How do I set up a Restaurant Night?
How do I advertise for our Restaurant Night?
- Tell your entire organization or team
- Your event will appear on the DanceBlue calendar online
What do I do after the event?
Make sure to speak with manager prior to event regarding the form of donation. Request they make a check to UK DanceBlue. (We have a tax exemption number so that they can deduct the check from their taxes found on the website.) You can deposit this money to the Student Center Ticket Office and it will go toward your DanceBlue team's fund.
Restaurants that are definitely willing to have a fundraiser night:
B. D. Mongolian Grill‐ 2309 Sir Barton Way (859) 457‐9910
Max and Erma's‐ 3030 Lakecrest Cir. (859) 224‐3440
Mellow Mushroom 503 S Upper St. (859) 281‐6111
Los Alazanes‐ 861 South Broadway (859) 233‐1230
Firehouse Subs- (859) 226-0111
Abuelo's‐ 3395 Nicholasville Rd. (859) 971‐0922
Ramsey's- (859) 264-9396
Melting Pot- (859) 254-6358
Tin Roof- (859) 317-9111
Bella Notte‐3715 Nicholasville Rd. (859) 245‐5292
Tony Roma's- 161 Lexington Green Circle (859) 272-7526
Applebee's‐All Locations. (859) 224‐8937
Bourbon N Toulouse- Euclid (859) 335-0300
Dunkin Donuts- S. Broadway (859) 233-0224
Fazoli's- Euclid (859) 233-0022
Krispy Kreme's- Ricmond Road (859) 266-2641
Restaurants we have contacted, but need more information from the specific team that would have the fundraiser:
DeSha's‐101 N. Broadway (859)‐259‐377
Sawyers- W. Main St. (859) 281-6022
Olive Graden- Nicholasville Rd. (859) 272-8334
PF Changs- Nicholasville Rd. (859) 271-1165
Chipotle- Limestone (859) 389-6643
Cheapside (Large Team)‐ 131 Cheapside (859) 254‐0046
Tropical Smoothie Café‐ 1060 Chinoe Rd. (859) 269‐2233
Hooter's‐3101 Richmond Rd. (859) 269‐8521
Buffalo Wild Wings‐1080 S Broadway (606) 233‐2999
Rincon‐818 E Euclid Ave. (859) 268‐8160
Bonefish‐ 2341 Sir Barton Way, (859) 233‐3474
Bar Louie- 161 Lexington Green Cir (859) 273-7985
Restaurants we have contacted and said no; (please do not contact them):
You are more than welcome to call any other restaurant not on this list. Members of your team may have contacts at other restaurants and you're more than welcome to have a fundraising night there.
**Before you finalize plans with restaurants please make sure to fill‐out an EVENT SUBMISSION FORM
You are more than welcome to call any other restaurant not on this list. Members of your team may have contacts at other restaurants and you’re more than welcome to have a fundraising night there.
**Before you finalize plans with restaurants please make sure to fill‐out an EVENT SUBMISSION FORM
Gift Wrap Your Holidays with a Smile is an annual holiday fundraising event sponsored by Amazon.com for non-profit organizations. The event lasts for roughly one month and is held at their facility at 1850 Mercer Road in Lexington. Participants wrap gifts purchased by Amazon.com customers.
Volunteers who work morning and afternoon weekday shifts are paid 75 cents per item wrapped, since past experience has shown that it is harder to find volunteers to work those shifts. Volunteers who work evening and weekend shifts are paid 60 cents per item wrapped.
The fundraiser begins the day after Thanksgiving and continues until December 23rd. Amazon is using a new system to sign up for volunteering. This will require us to reserve days for you to choose from to wrap at Amazon.
They are also requiring a training session for all organizations before the opportunity begins. We will schedule a couple of training sessions to take place on campus. In order to participate in this fundraiser every member of your team who wishes to do so MUST attend one of the training sessions.
In this fundraiser you will sit at a table and wrap gifts for customers who purchase items from Joseph-Beth. Money is raised through donations but customers whom you have gift wrapped for. As of now this fundraiser is just for SMALL teams only but if they do not get filled it will be opened to medium and large teams.
The dates available are:
- Fri., Nov. 26 - 6-11 (day after Thanksgiving)
- Mon., Nov. 29 -- 9-2, 2-6, 6-10
- Tues., Nov. 30 -- 9-2
- Thurs., Dec. 2 -- 9-2, 6-10
- Mon., Dec. 6 -- 2-6, 6-10
- Tues., Dec. 7 -- 9-2
- Thurs., Dec. 9 -- 9-2, 6-10
- Mon., Dec. 13 -- 2-6, 6-10
- Tues., Dec. 14 -- 9-2, 2-6, 6-10
- Wed., Dec. 15 -- 9-2, 2-6, 6-10
- Thurs., Dec. 16 -- 9-2, 2-6
- Fri., Dec. 17 -- 9-2
- Mon., Dec. 20 -- 9-2, 6-10
- Tues., Dec. 21 -- 9-2, 6-10
- Wed., Dec. 22 -- 9-2
General Canning Guidelines
Canning is the term given to carrying our labeled DanceBlue cans and collecting donations outside popular sporting events or neighborhoods. There is a set of guidelines outlined in the rules and regulations, but here is a general how-to:
- For each football game up to four teams are able to can.
- The areas assigned for canning are heavily populated with regular and non-regular ticket holders.
- Maps will always be provided so that you will know your specific area. DO NOT LEAVE THIS AREA!! **
- DO NOT ENTER THE PARKING LOTS TO CAN!! You must stay in your area!
- Sign Ups- The sign ups for the remaining football games will take place on October 15th, at 4:30 in the CCO. It will be on a first come first serve basis.
Football Canning Dates:
- UK vs. Auburn...October 9 (Early Registered Team Canning Opportunity)
- UK vs. South Carolina...October 16 (Early Registered Team Opportunity)
- UK vs. Georgia...October 23 (Early Registered Team Canning Opportunity)
- UK vs. Charleston Southern...November 6 (Registered Team Canning Opportunity)
- UK vs. Vanderbilt...November13 (Registered Team Canning Opportunity)
Men's Basketball Games:
- For each basketball game up to two teams are able to can.
- You must stay in your designated areas and not approach the arena. Any funds collected by teams violating this will not be counted towards the team total.
- Sign Ups- Mallory Evans the Fundraising Coordinator will contact the team captains by October 22nd to sign up for the games before Winter Break and by January 17th for the Spring Semester games.
Men's Basketball Canning Dates:
Nov. 1 (Mon) TBA.
Nov. 5 (Fri) TBA.
Nov. 12 (Fri) TBA
Nov. 30 (Tues) TBA.
Dec. 11 (Sat) 5:15 p.m.
Dec. 18 (Sat) TBA
Dec. 22 (Wed) TBA
Dec. 28 (Tues) TBA
Jan. 3 (Mon.) 7:00
Jan. 15 – (Sat) 4:00.
Jan. 29 – (Sat) 4:00.
Feb. 8 – (Tues) 9:00.
Feb. 15 – (Tues) 7:00.
Feb. 19 – (Sat) 4:00
Feb. 26 – (Sat) 4:00
March 1 – (Tues) 9:00
You may only sign up for one basketball game and one football game. This is to ensure that the canning opportunities are distributed fairly.
YOU MUST SIGN IN AND SIGN OUT FOR CANNING! This can be done at the front desk in the CSI. Cans must be picked up by Friday at noon and returned no later than Monday at 5 p.m. at the front desk in the CSI.
Money can be turned into the ticket office in the student center. (Ticket office will not take coins amounting to more than a dollar)
You can go to the Federal Credit Union and get them rolled right down from the ticket office.
If you do not return your cans/money by Monday at 5 p.m. you will NOT be able to sign up for the next canning event and will be deducted 300 spirit points.
**Reminder there is a code of Conduct when canning:
DanceBlue Code of Ethics:
1.1.1 DanceBlue strongly enforces a strict zero tolerance policy with drinking and any other illegal substance while canning or participating in any event associated with DanceBlue.
Other Canning Opportunities may arise and will be communicated to you.
Letter Writing Campaign
Sending family and friends a solicitation letter is one of the most effective and easy ways you can help the kids and DanceBlue! These easy steps could possibly bring in thousands of dollars for your organization's DanceBlue fund.
- When you arrive, your letters and envelopes will be printed. Then you will fill these envelopes with your letter and reply envelope and seal them. DanceBlue will then mail these for you and DanceBlue will provide postage.
- The ticket office will automatically respond with a thank you note to all donors. Unfortunately we cannot release the names of the donors due to Donor Confidentiality.
Available Letter Packaging Nights:
- Monday, November 15th 7-9pm
- Tuesday, November 16th 7-9pm
- Wednesday, November 17th 7-9pm
- Thursday, November 18th 7-9pm
- Friday, November 19th 3-5pm
* If your team would like to send out letters, but cannot make one of these times, you may contact Emily Rentschler or Ryan Kidd to arrange an alternate time that your team may stuff the envelopes. Be sure to give sufficient notice if you are planning on a time other than those aforementioned.
**All Letter Writing Nights will be held in the Center for Community Outreach, rm 106 of the Student Center.
DanceBlue Bake Sale
Bake sales are a classic way to fundraise money! It is a way to get many members of your organization involved and an easy and fun way to fundraise! We have provided information regarding setting up bake sales for you below:
Where and how can my team hold a bake sale?
Fill out an event submission form and turn it in to the DanceBlue office in the CCO (room 106 student center)
Fill out the proper documents:
1. Lexington Health Dept. Application
--------You need to fill out date of bake sale, your name, address, phone number and signature.
2. UK Intent to Solicit on Campus
--------You need to fill out your name (responsible for request), your organization (your DanceBlue team), possible dates of bake sale, location of activity*, and signature. *Hall of Fame at Nursing Bldg. across from Cafeteria or Student Center Patio or across from Starbucks. These three are very successful and easy for approval.
Registered Student Organizations can reserve space on their own in either location.
--For the Student Center visit room 209 in the Student Center and fill out one of the Facilities Reservation Forms.
--For Hall of Fame at Nursing Building call the provost' office (257-1063)
Non-Student Organizations will turn in the Health Department form and Intent to solicit form to the DanceBlue office and we will fax them and make the reservation for you. You must turn in these forms at least two weeks in advance to the event. You will receive an email confirming your bake sale.
AT WALMART-in Hamburg
Available dates will soon be made ready for you. Pick your top three choices and turn in to Mallory. She will let you know if you are matched with a bake sale there! Be on the lookout for an email soon!
Wal-Mart will provide a table and location for you. Once you schedule a bake sale you simply show up and go to customer service desk and ask for a table.
How does my team run a bake sale?
- You will need 2 to 4 people actually run the bake sale.
- Get team members to bake! IMPORTANT: you may sell cakes, candies, cookies, brownies, cupcakes, breads, etc. and all MUST be individually wrapped. Any containing nuts must clearly be labeled!
- Set-up bake sale with table (ask Mallory if already provided), DanceBlue can (often donations work as well or better than set prices), and DanceBlue Bake Sale poster.
- Following the bake sale, make sure to return any DanceBlue materials the next school day